NASA Internship Opportunities for 2011
- NASA Academy
Mentored research experience at a NASA Center, including...
- Ames Research Center (Mountain View, CA)
- Glenn Research Center (Cleveland, OH)
- Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL)
- Aeronautics Academy at Glenn Research Center (Cleveland, OH)
- NASA Aeronautics Academy at Langley Research Center (Hampton, VA)
- NASA Lunar and Planetary Science Academy at Goddard Space Flight (Greenbelt, MD)
- NASA Propulsion Academy at Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL)
- NASA Robotics Academy at Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL)
Students will receive a stipend for the 10-week summer session, plus round trip travel.
Deadlines:January 18, 2011 - application due; Early March - selections complete
Eligibility: Rising junior, senior undergraduate or at the early graduate level in accredited U.S. college or university as of May of the program year; B average (minimum); major in engineering, science (physics, chemistry, biology, earth sciences, etc.), math, computer science or other areas of interest to the aerospace program; US citizen or permanent resident (as of May of the program year).
Program Descriptions: Flyer
- NASA Undergraduate Student Research Program (USRP)
Mentored research experience at a NASA Center
Students will receive a $9,000 stipend for the 15-week spring and fall sessions, and $6,000 for the 10-week summer session, plus round trip travel.
Deadlines: February 1, 2011 for Summer 2011
Eligibility: US Citizenship, Sophomore, Junior or Senior classification, a major in a Science, Technology,
Engineering, and Math (STEM) discipline, & a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0
- Exploration Systems Mission Directorate (ESMD) Internships
NASA ESMD is offering student opportunities related to Exploration in partnership with the National Space Grant Consortia. There are two areas of the student opportunities: Internships and Senior Design Porjects.
Fall and spring semester internships are also available, with their own deadlines
Check http://education.ksc.nasa.gov/ESMDspacegrant/ for more information.
- NASA Langley Aerospace Research Summer Scholars Program (LARSS)
Eligibility: US Citizenship, Junior or Senior classification, & a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0. There are also “Bridge Program” opportunities for rising high-school seniors, college freshmen and sophomores who have previous NASA program experience and a 3.5 GPA.
Deadline: February 01, 2011 for Summer 2011
- Kennedy Space Center (KSC) Internship Programs
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) Internship Programs
- National Suborbital Education and Research Center Student Airborne Research Program
Deadline:February 11, 2011
- National Space Biomedical Research Institute Summer Internship Program
Deadline:January 31, 2011
- NASA/Applied Physics Laboratory Internship Program
Students participating in the NASA/APL Internship Program will work at APL, and will contribute to current and future missions during their assignments in the Space Department. They conduct research and space exploration; develop and apply space science, engineering, and technology--including the production of one-of-a-kind spacecraft, instruments, and subsystems; and focus primarily on the science discipline of space physics and planetary science. The Laboratory has built instruments and spacecraft to destinations such as Pluto, Mercury, the Sun and our moon.
Deadline:February 7, 2011
- Other NASA Center Programs
Other NASA centers have internships available to students on a limited basis. Career areas are
dependent upon the type of research conducted at that center. See SCSGC staff if you are
interested in one of the centers not listed here.