The consortium exists to implement the National Space Grant Act of 1988 in South Carolina. Within
the larger context of national science and technology initiatives, we promote activity in research,
education, and public service related to NASA.
The NASA SCSGC is committed to excellence in students and faculty research and to promoting Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education and expanding
outreach projects across the state of South Carolina. We specifically seek to include underrepresented groups in all of
the programs and activities supported by the SCSGC.
Our Strategic Plan and Bylaws can be accessed below as Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF files. PDF will require Adobe's Acrobat Reader (to download this free application, please see the Adobe Reader website).
- Increase access, understanding, development, and utilization of resources in NASA's four
and Space Operations.
- Encourage cooperative programs among colleges and universities, state organizations, business
and industry, and pre-college interests.
- Enhance interdisciplinary research, education and public service activities.
- Recruit and train students, educators, and professionals, especially women and underrepresented
- Promote a strong science, mathematics, and technology base throughout all levels of South
- Facilitate statewide communication of NASA opportunities and programs.
Bylaws > DOC | PDF
Strategic Plan > DOC | PDF